Mahan Insurance Brokers, Inc. is an independent broker-agent servicing the insurance needs of businesses and professionals within the states of California, Arizona, Connecticut, Idaho, & Washington. Available coverages include: General, Excess, and Professional Liability, Property, Commercial Auto, and Workers Compensation.
Our agency specializes in construction insurance, whether it be General Liability,Property, Auto, Workers Compensation or Builder’s Risk insurance. We also service insurance for offices, retail, wholesale and manufacturing companies.
We are a long time member of the Associated General Contractors of California including:
- Legislative Committee
- Legal Advisory Committee (Past Chairman)
- Safety & Health Council
- Fiscal, Insurance & Risk Management Committee
- State and Division Boards
- Orange County Board
- Worker’s Compensation Advisory Board
Meet the Team
Robert G. Mahan personally arranges and manages coverage for commercial property and casualty accounts. A brief summary of his educational and professional credential is as follows:
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering – University of Southern California
- Masters in Business Administration – University of Southern California
- Juris Doctor – Western States University
- Registered Mechanical and Nuclear Engineer
- Member of the California Bar
- Member of the Associated General Contractors of California (AGC) including the following:
- Former Chairman of the CNA Agency Advisory Panel
- Insurance Commissioner’s Agents & Brokers Advisory Committee
- Past Chairman AGC Legal Advisory Committee
Bob is an expert in General Liability and Worker’s Compensation coverages. This expertise has developed over the past two decades as an insurance broker, and business development representative and systems engineer for the Bechtel Power Corporation. While at Bechtel, through the negotiation of a number of large contracts and working with Bechtel’s Counsel, Bob developed an excellent grasp of the very important areas of insurance, indemnity, and risk of loss. He has:
- A sound understanding of the terms and conditions of contracts;
- Extensive engineering and field liaison experience development while he worked at Bechtel and in Admiral Rickover’s Navy Submarine Program, and;
- Frequently assisted his clients in contract negotiations.
This background provides an excellent understanding of just what operations manufacturers and contractors perform. Very few in the insurance business have the qualifications as broad as Bob’s to support client’s requirements. If you have any general questions regarding insurance issues, Bob is available to give you an option.
Mike has been servicing your insurance needs with Mahan Insurance Brokers full time since 1996 and part-time since 1989. His credentials are as follows:
- Bachelors of Science/Bachelors of Arts in Electrical Engineering—University of San Diego (1996)
- 15+ Years experience as a Customer Service Representative and Account Executive
- Member of AGC of California Safety Committee
Mike has worked from the ground up in the company and can handle most any Property-Casualty insurance need.
Marissa joined the MIB Team in August 2017. She has over 4 years of experience in the insurance industry in both Personal and Commercial Lines. Marissa has specialized experience working with artisan and independent contractors, and is skilled at tailoring insurance packages to meet the unique needs of contractors. She holds a current California Property & Casualty License and can quote, sell, and bind policies. She also has experience processing certificates.
Marissa has a proven track record maintaining great relationships with existing renewal clients and earning the trust of new businesses as well. She has extensive knowledge of the insurance industry gained from working with a variety of insurance carriers and is committed to connecting her clients with the right policy for them.
Marissa received her Bachelors of Science in Nutrition Sciences and enjoys living a healthy and active lifestyle.