Mahan Insurance Brokers, Inc. is an independent broker-agent servicing the insurance needs of businesses and professionals within the states of California, Arizona, Connecticut, Idaho, & Washington. Available coverages include: General, Excess, and Professional Liability, Property, Commercial Auto, and Workers Compensation.
Our agency specializes in construction insurance, whether it be General Liability,Property, Auto, Workers Compensation or Builder’s Risk insurance. We also service insurance for offices, retail, wholesale and manufacturing companies.
We are a long time member of the Associated General Contractors of California including:
- Legislative Committee
- Legal Advisory Committee (Past Chairman)
- Safety & Health Council
- Fiscal, Insurance & Risk Management Committee
- State and Division Boards
- Orange County Board
- Worker’s Compensation Advisory Board
Meet the Team
Robert G. Mahan personally arranges and manages coverage for commercial property and casualty accounts. A brief summary of his educational and professional credential is as follows:
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering – University of Southern California
- Masters in Business Administration – University of Southern California
- Juris Doctor – Western States University
- Registered Mechanical and Nuclear Engineer
- Member of the California Bar
- Member of the Associated General Contractors of California (AGC) including the following:
- Former Chairman of the CNA Agency Advisory Panel
- Insurance Commissioner’s Agents & Brokers Advisory Committee
- Past Chairman AGC Legal Advisory Committee
Bob is an expert in General Liability and Worker’s Compensation coverages. This expertise has developed over the past two decades as an insurance broker, and business development representative and systems engineer for the Bechtel Power Corporation. While at Bechtel, through the negotiation of a number of large contracts and working with Bechtel’s Counsel, Bob developed an excellent grasp of the very important areas of insurance, indemnity, and risk of loss. He has:
- A sound understanding of the terms and conditions of contracts;
- Extensive engineering and field liaison experience development while he worked at Bechtel and in Admiral Rickover’s Navy Submarine Program, and;
- Frequently assisted his clients in contract negotiations.
This background provides an excellent understanding of just what operations manufacturers and contractors perform. Very few in the insurance business have the qualifications as broad as Bob’s to support client’s requirements. If you have any general questions regarding insurance issues, Bob is available to give you an option.
Mike has been servicing your insurance needs with Mahan Insurance Brokers full time since 1996 and part-time since 1989. His credentials are as follows:
- Bachelors of Science/Bachelors of Arts in Electrical Engineering—University of San Diego (1996)
- 15+ Years experience as a Customer Service Representative and Account Executive
- Member of AGC of California Safety Committee
Mike has worked from the ground up in the company and can handle most any Property-Casualty insurance need.
Robert has been with MIB since June 2016 and has been a licensed California Property/Casualty broker-agent since August 2016. Fresh out of college with a B.S. in Business Administration: Management, Robert has found a knack for personal lines for high net-worth clients and has been a great asset to MIB’s commercial lines accounts as well. Robert enjoyed an extended baseball career through college and credits much of his work ethic and team values to those experiences. Robert is currently working on a Master’s in Public Finance from California State University, San Bernardino.
Jonathan has held both a California state life/health and property/casualty insurance license since October of 2011. In addition, he also obtained a Arizona state property/casualty license in June of 2016. As an Account Executive, Jonathan provides clients with on-going policy and claims support as needed with an emphasis on high value personal lines and specialty contractors. Jonathan has experience and knowledge working as an underwriter and agent for general liability, auto, property, workers compensation, life, health and other various policy types. As a broker he has also provided clients with commercial and personal policies through major admitted carriers such as CNA, Travelers, Safeco, Fireman’s Fund, Chubb, and Hartford as well as with surplus lines in order to provide comprehensive coverage for unique risks including landscapers, general contractors and other specialty contractors. Policy values range from $1,200 to $100,000 with each client’s needs being analyzed and met through each policy.
- Helping/Assisting others
- Lettered in Varsity Football
- South Coast League Champion: 2000, 2001, 2002 & 2003
- CIF Division II Southern Section Champion: 2000, 2001 & 2002
- #2 in California & #14 in the nation
- Wide Receiver for NFL quarterback Mark Sanchez